Windows & Doors Company in Cambridge
Cambridge homeowners have been really pleased with their energy savings since they’ve replaced their windows and doors. When is it time to replace a home’s windows and doors? How can the replacement process start to benefit you from day one, saving you money?
There are three top reasons a homeowner opts to upgrade their home’s windows and doors. The main one is rising energy costs. A close second is comfort level. The third is aesthetic. Of course, this is all dependent on a number of situations, such as budget and investment goals. It could be the homeowner’s aim is to reduce their monthly costs. They may also want to upgrade as a long-term investment, or in preparation for a future sale and want the home to be more attractive to potential buyers. Comfort level becomes a concern to a homeowner when their older windows and doors have shown great deterioration.
Here are some things to look out for that reveal it’s time for an upgrade.
- Your monthly energy bills have skyrocketed. This happens over time and because it’s gradual, it’s accepted. As energy costs continue to rise, it’s important to explore methods to reduce them both in the short and long term. One of these methods is to upgrade the doors and windows with more modern energy efficient versions.
- Drafts have become concerning both for the cost as well as for home comfort. Drafts indicate unwanted air is entering the home as well as paid for heated or cooled air is exiting in the same pathway. (This may be the origin of the saying, “Money flying out the window”.)
- Some of your windows and doors are no longer functional, that is, their mechanics are faulty which renders them either a burden to adjust or they are just plain unusable. Depending on the age, chances are replacement parts are also not available – a sure sign it’s definitely time for an upgrade.
- The windows or doors are damaged in a way that ruins their airtight seal. With the windowpanes themselves, this could be cracks, fogginess, condensation that lingers, visible gaps between the pane and frame. With the frames, there could be visible damage – splinters, warping, discolouration, and gaps in the frame structure. It’s very important to root out the cause of any physical damage. If it’s water damage, then this needs to be acted upon immediately.
- Issues with the areas immediately surrounding the windows or doors. Water stains or visible condensation or any form of water seeping in these areas need to repaired ASAP. Water damage spreads and can lead to further damage as well as health-related problems, such as mould and mildew build up.
- Your expensive window treatments show signs of fading. With the older single pane style windows, UV protection was not available and sun damage is common. This can extend to all types of fabrics that are continuously exposed to sunny window areas, such as carpets and furniture.
- A by-product of all of the above possible issues with a home’s windows and doors is poor soundproofing. When the home’s airtight seals are broken, this also allows excessive sound to enter the home in the same way. If soundproofing is a big concern, windows with extra coatings are available that offer higher soundproof ratings. But generally, with any upgrade, the new quieter sound in the home is often a pleasant bonus.
- The look of your home’s exterior has become less attractive, or possibly even an eyesore. The beautiful new fresh look new windows and doors provide give the home an instant lift. A sense of home pride is then reestablished. You’ll have to ready for some compliments coming your way from your neighbours and guests. The new look of your home will also be more appealing to buyers if selling in the near future is a possibility.
I just relocated to Cambridge and my home’s windows and doors are not very appealing. I believe they’re the home’s originals (1950’s), what are my options with Window’s & Doors Company in Cambridge?
There are many options available today in both styles and colours for window and door replacements. With our windows & doors company in Cambridge, homeowners have a great selection of window upgrades that will suit any home style. Cambridge is the most southern one of the Tri-Cities. The other adjacent cities are Kitchener and Waterloo. As with other southern Ontario cities of the same size, Cambridge has older areas with larger older style homes, wartime suburban style homes, freehold townhouses, and brand new townhouse communities. For homes built in the 1950’s, there are many options available for upgrading windows and doors. Single pane window glass was used back then and an upgrade to double or even triple will greatly improve the home’s energy efficiency and comfort level. A professional consultation with a window and door technician can show you the many options available to you. They’re also very knowledgeable about government incentives that can save you a lot when you upgrade to more energy efficient replacements.
The importance of using a reputable professional.
Since there is so much to consider when replacing a home’s doors and windows, and with the many options available to the homeowner, finding a professional who is experienced with your style of home is extremely important with a trustworthy windows & doors company in Cambridge. You also want a contractor who is reputable with great customer service. AM Window & Door Solutions offers all of that, and more! We’re a family-owned company and have been in business for over 60 years. Our customer care is second-to-none. We aim to please! Right from our free consultation up until the job is complete, we consult with the client every step of the way. We’re so confident with our skilled technicians, that we offer a 10-year workmanship warranty, which is also transferable. (We really want you happy!)
To connect with us, you can callor text, or you can browse our website, or visit us on Facebook. Online you’ll find a number of happy customer reviews. We look forward to fulfilling your window and door upgrade needs.