Windows & Doors Company in Hamilton
Hamilton homeowners are excited about the energy savings with new windows and doors. How can you tell when you need to upgrade your windows or doors?
Today, there are many options to consider when purchasing or replacing high efficiency windows and doors, and AM Window & Door Solutions, a windows & doors company in Hamilton Ontario is here to help you with every step!
There are a number of signs that signal it’s time to have your doors and windows replaced. At a time in history when energy consumption and its high cost is on every homeowner’s mind, modern hi-tech solutions are now available to solve such problems.
A few key signs that an upgrade is due would be:
- High energy bills that are often inconsistent but steadily rising. This indicates a breach in the home’s airtight seal and can only lead to higher and higher energy consumption costs. It is the main reason people begin to search for energy efficient solutions for their home and are willing to make the upfront initial investment in order to save in the long run.
- Unresolved drafts in the home. Often the source is known but not always.
In some situations, the cause is difficult to pinpoint. When the drafts are around window or door areas, then it’s likely either the window itself or the interface between the walls and windows is failing to properly insulate the home.
- The failing of the window or entry doors ability to easily operate. This could be due to broken or lost mechanics or just the wear and tear that comes with age that seizes up any smooth functioning.
- Visible and non-visible damage to the windows themselves. This can be either damage to the panes or damage to the frame, such as warping or splintering. Either way, the airtight seal is broken and the window no longer protects the home from the elements and has become energy inefficient.
- Water stains or damage to the areas surrounding the windows or doors. Again, this could be caused by water seepage, such as leaks or even flooding. Definitely not a good sign and needs immediate attention.
- If the windows or doors are an older single-pane style, then the home would definitely benefit from an upgrade. With the many options available today, like protective coatings for UV or windows with a high water resistance rating are available, such upgrades would show substantial savings in energy consumption and cost.
- When there is a breach in the airtight seal, the home is much noisier as it allows outside sounds to seep into the home. The options of double or even triple pane windows would definitely solve this problem and give the home much more peaceful ambience.
- The home’s exterior is no longer appealing. A home’s aesthetic is a very important aspect of many homeowners' sense of pride. When you consider our home is viewed pretty much every single day, wouldn’t you want that to be a very pleasant experience?
My Hamilton home is an older Victorian style, I’m happy with my front door but are there many options for the new windows to match the rest of the home?
Absolutely, there are.
In the past few years, consumers have asked for more options from replacement window and door companies. AM Window & Door Solutions serving Hamilton offers many entry and patio door options that fit any home style and shape. These products are energy efficient and can easily be replaced.
Modern windows and door replacement can improve the indoor air quality of an older home by blocking out pollen and pollution. A contractor experienced in window and door installations can show you the options available.
The importance of hiring an experienced professional installer.
When upgrading windows and doors for your home, it is essential to find a company with knowledgeable technicians, competitive prices, and up-to-date product lines and installation methods.
AM Window & Door Solutions, a windows & doors company in Hamilton, has been in business for over 60 years. Our contractors pay close attention to detail and will help you find an energy efficient and affordable solution for your window and door needs.
We are a family-owned business that always puts our customers first. We provide free initial assessments, installation, clean-up, and follow-up window and door services. Our goal is to exceed expectations with our customer service.
We’re so very confident in our ability to customer satisfaction that we offer a 10-year transferable workmanship warranty and our suppliers offer a lifetime warranty on the quality windows and doors they supply. We want our customers to experience the peace of mind that comes with hiring an experienced professional, superior products, and a job well done.
We are prepared to help you with your home improvement project. Contact us by phone, website, email, or text and we will offer a free assessment. Visit our Facebook page to read reviews from our satisfied customers.