Windows & Doors Company in Innisfil
Residents of Innisfil are very pleased with the energy savings they’re now experiencing since upgrading their windows and doors.
What are the advantages of replacing a home’s doors and windows?
Actually, there are quite a few advantages.
Top of the list is substantial financial savings. When a home’s windows and doors are of high quality, high functioning, as well as properly sealed, then the home is airtight which prevents expensive energy costs from slipping through the cracks – literally! The second popular reason for upgrading windows and doors is to enhance a home’s comfort level. Drafts and cold spots in the winter months, or the inability to properly cool areas of the home in the hotter months, make for a very uncomfortable home. The third of the top three advantages is to improve the home’s aesthetic value and make it more appealing. This is often done to appease the homeowners’ particular taste. There’s also the possibility of investing in new windows and doors to create better curb appeal for potential buyers.
Let’s take a look at these advantages in more detail.
- With the ongoing rising cost to heat and cool a home, upgrading old or faulty windows and doors is a sure-thing investment. The initial cost for the products and labour are recouped very quickly. This is because immediate savings is often in the range of 40%. Since energy bills tend to rise at a slow pace that is in sync with the degradation of older doors and windows, oftentimes a homeowner doesn’t recognize the extent of the gradual increases and tends to tolerate the new costs. It is often quite a surprise to the homeowner (a very pleasant one) when the first utility bill arrives right after the upgrades. There are also government grants for upgrades that are energy efficient. It’s definitely a win-win for the pocketbook.
- Home comfort? Is that a thing, you ask? You bet it is! When a home has unwanted air entering through cracks and gaps, a home is anything but comfortable. In fact, it is downright unhealthy. If water is also entering the home through condensation or actual leaks, then mould and mildew will surely follow. A few decades past, it was thought that drafts were something to definitely steer clear of. In older writings, not only were drafts described in great detail, but also drafts were said to bring a variety of ailments. Today, everyone knows what happens when you sit directly in the path of a draft, you experience muscle aches and stiffness.
- When windows and doors are damaged and their mechanics no longer function properly, then a large part of the home is actually lost. Windows are meant to offer both a view of the outside as well as operate to air-out a home and enjoy refreshing breezes in warmer weather. After replacements and upgrading, when windows and doors are back to operating properly (and now even better), the home runs much more smoothly and with a newfound sense of ease.
- If the older windows are single pane, then chances are fading and fabric degeneration are the likely result. This is because there is no UV protection. So any window treatments or nearby furniture fabric will suffer damage if they’re in the path of direct sunlight. After upgrading, this will no longer be a problem.
- Another issue is soundproofing. For some homeowners, this is extremely important. Replacement windows with double pane, triple pane, as well as thicker panes makes the home much more resistant to outside noise. Also, when the interface area between the windows and walls are reinforced and made airtight, this also enhances the home’s quieter ambience.
- When a home’s windows and doors are replaced, it can really have a dramatic change in the look and feel of the home. Such a makeover with a new streamlined look can add appeal and charm to both the interior and exterior.
My home in Innisfil is a wartime home and has now taken on a very tired look. Would new windows and doors give it more curb appeal?
Yes, they absolutely would give the home a fresh new look. As there are many style and colour options now available today, a professional windows and doors company in Innisfil can show you the many choices available for your home. Located just south of Barrie, Innisfil is in Simcoe County on the shores of Lake Simcoe. As Barrie has expanded, so has Innisfil. There are many nearby new home builds as well as trailer properties that have been converted to year-round living. In the not-so-distant past, Innisfil was mainly a rural town, but since it’s within commuting distance to Toronto, it has expanded. With a new GO station planned for Innisfil, it’s predicted there will even more growth to the town. With the new development, the Town’s aim is for a city-country feel. Considering the town in general is upgrading, why not do the same for your Innisfil home? A one-on-one consultation with a professional windows and doors company would be the next step.
The advantages that come with hiring an experienced professional.
As there are may options available to upgrade a home’s windows and doors, it’s best to seek out a professional with years of experience, and we have no doubt you just found one. AM Window & Door Solutions will help you in every step to guide you along your window and doors replacement journey. We have over 60 years of business experience and are very familiar with the requirements of all types of homes. Also, our customer care is top-notch. Our customers always come first. You can contact us today for a free consultation. Call or text, or you can reach us through our Facebook page. On there, we have many satisfied customer testimonials for you to check out. We’re a proud and confident company, so much so that we offer a 10-year transferable workmanship warranty on all of our work. We look forward to meeting you and solving your windows and doors needs.