Windows & Doors Company in Midland
Midland homeowners are lovin’ their newly upgraded windows and doors. When is it necessary to upgrade a home’s doors and windows? And as a homeowner how can you reap the rewards from day one of your home upgrade? From energy savings to improved insulation, read more to find out!
There are a number of signs that say it’s time to replace your home’s windows and doors. A few of these main reasons are home comfort, economical, environmental, and aesthetic. Let’s look at these in closer detail.
- When you consider we spend a great deal of our time in our homes, being comfortable in that space is extremely important. When a home’s heating and cooling levels are inconsistent and unreliable, then there is no sense of comfort in the home. In fact, it can be quite the opposite – a sense of unease. A natural reaction to window or door drafts is muscle tension that can result in muscle stiffness and aches. It’s the body’s way of protecting itself. In earlier times, drafts were attributed to many illnesses. If the home has been experiencing any amount of water permeation through faulty windows or doors, then there is also the health risk of mould and mildew. Sadly, many homeowners grow accustomed to the home’s “quirks” and cannot image a better situation. But there definitely is a much better option. When a home’s windows and doors are upgraded and properly sealed, airtight, and working perfectly, there is a great sense of relief and comfort. The desired sense of ease in the home is restored.
- With today’s ongoing rising energy costs, reducing a home’s monthly expenditures is something homeowners are very keen on doing. In fact, this could be the top reason a homeowner seeks home upgrades, and in particular replacements of their windows and doors. This type of investment not only pays for itself but also reduces the home’s monthly energy bill on average by 40%. With this type of savings, it is a great investment. The initial cost outlay is recouped very quickly and then it’s pure savings after that.
- Today there’s a huge focus on our environment with many seeking out ways to be a good earth steward. We’ve seen over and over again the degradation of communities around the world due to climate change. Homeowners who strive to be environmentally conscious seek out methods to reduce their carbon footprint. This is achieved when a home has a low energy consumption rate. Ways to sustain this would be upgrades that make the home run smoother and more affordably. Choosing to upgrade to durable and hard-working windows and doors will not only save money but will also save resources. Windows and doors with a long lifespan are very good for both the environment and pocketbook. In fact, these two factors actually go hand-in-hand –– when you reduce your utility usage and costs, you also reduce the strain on our earth’s natural resources. It’s definitely a win-win situation for everyone.
- The look of a home’s interior and exterior will appear quite dated with windows and doors that are old and/or in disrepair. A new set of window and door replacements will add a dramatic change to any home. There are many styles and colours available today that will give your home a fresh new look. When you consider the importance of curb appeal in the world of real estate, then this kind of upgrade will not only improve the look but can increase the value of the property.
Here’s a quick checklist of things to watch out for that signal it’s time for an upgrade:
- Drafts around the windows and doors, or the surrounding areas.
- Windows and doors that no longer work property, or at all.
- Water stains, water seepage. This is not a good sign. It indicated your seals are extremely damaged and need to be looked ASAP.
- Discolouration and fading or furniture or window coverings. Older single-pane windows are usually to blame for this as they do not have any form of UV protection.
- Excessive noise entering the home. Sound travels by air and so a poorly sealed home will also let in unwanted outdoor sounds.
This year, in our Midland home, we’ve noticed more drafts coming from our bay window area. How do we know when it’s time for replacement?
Well, drafts are a sign that your airtight seal has somehow been broken. This could be coming from the windowpanes, from the window frame, or from the interface of the window and the surrounding wall areas. A skilled professional windows & doors company in Midland will definitely help you pinpoint the cause and be able to recommend a solution that works best for your Midland home.
Nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay in Simcoe County, Midland is the larger town and economic hub of the area. It has both a hospital and an airport. With over 8,000 cottages in the area, Midland popular soars in the summer months. Home styles in the downtown area range from century to new builds.
Why hiring an experienced professional can save you a bundle.
Since there can be so many variables when replacing a home’s windows and doors, that hiring a professional with extensive experience is a must-have. When looking for a reputable windows & doors company in Midland, look no further than AM Windows & Doors Solutions. We’re a family-owned company with over 60 years experience. We’re a very proud company who always puts our customers first. From the free consultation right to our exceptionally detailed final clean up, we consult with you every step of the way. Our aim is to simplify your window and door replacement experience and make you very happy. We’re so confident in our skills that we offer a 10-year workmanship warranty on of the work we do. Another plus is that our warranty is fully transferable should you decide to sell your home within that time. To get started on your upgrade journey, you can call or text us. You can also visit us on our Facebook page. There we have a number of positive client testimonials by our many happy customers.