Kitchener homeowners are very pleased with their new energy efficient windows and doors.
"Money flying out the window" is an old saying that refers to outdated or faulty windows and doors. To save money and help the environment, making a home energy efficient is the best solution. We can all do our part to create a cleaner, healthier environment by being mindful of our energy use.
Let’s look at some of the conditions that call for windows and doors upgrade.
- High energy bills are the main reason people upgrade their windows and doors. Upgrading to newer styles can save up to 40% on energy costs, sometimes even more.
- Drafts around windows and doors are a sign that they are not working properly and are not sealed tightly. This can make a home draughty and uncomfortable.
- When you’ve stopped using a window or door because the mechanics no longer work and they cannot open or close properly. If they are older models, then replacement parts may be hard to come by or just plain unavailable.
- Cracks, fogginess, and condensation on windows and doors indicate damage. Splitting, bowing, and gaps in frames also suggest damage.
- Visible damage on the wall areas surrounding the window or front door. This would be in the form of water stains and/or sweating walls. Not something you want to see but definitely something that needs immediate attention.
- Furniture and decorations near windows can fade from sun exposure, especially in older homes with single-pane windows. Installing new windows with UV protection can prevent this fading.
- Unwanted outside noise has permeated the home. Together with drafts, wherever air travels, so does sound. When a home is not airtight, the lack of soundproofing can be very noticeable. Today, there are many options that will prevent this.
- You don't like how your home looks. Older windows and doors appear worn and outdated. Replacing them will improve the curb appeal and increase your home's value if you decide to sell.
I have a century home in downtown Kitchener and would like to find window and door replacements that compliment my style of home.
Gone are the days of limited options for window and door replacements for older homes. Homeowners asked for more options and the market delivered. There is now a wide selection of styles and colours to choose from.
If the home’s windows are wood, then there is the option of replacing them with the same material. This is quite costly and falls under the category of “restoration”. Homeowners who are budget-conscious are now choosing vinyl windows and doors for both cost and being highly energy efficient.
They also have a long life and do not require maintenance or replacements for decades. For this reason, and the fact that vinyl is very recyclable, in fact a very high percentage of vinyl in the environment will be recycled, making them environmentally friendly.
Why an experienced window and door contractor familiar with all home styles is your best option.
As there are many variables that need to be considered when working on replacing windows and doors, (and replacement is always more complicated then adding windows when the home was first built), you’ll want to find a skilled contractor who is familiar with and who has experience with many different styles of home.
At AM Window & Door Solutions, we have all of those skills, and then some. Our specialists are professionally trained and have experience with all situations involving window and door replacements. Having been in business since 1956, we’re a proud, family owned company that always puts our customers first.
If you are not completely satisfied we offer excellent customer service and go above and beyond. This is shown by our workmanship warranty on all of our work performed.
You can get in touch with us by phone, text, or visit us on Facebook. There you’ll see many happy customer testimonials. We look forward to solving your window and door needs in Kitchener.